Safely Experiencing the Rivers of Europe Together
Current as of October 31, 2022
AMADEUS River Cruises is thrilled to welcome you onboard our floating hotels! We are committed to your continued health and safety during your stay with us. Our experienced staff and crew have undergone special training and will be advised and guided by a Fleet Health Officer. We are proud of our health and safety protocols and will continue to update and adapt them as necessary. We look forward to seeing you onboard your next AMADEUS getaway!
We thank you for entrusting us with your future river cruise. Prior to boarding, each guest must complete the HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE for medical health assessment. This form must be completed the morning of arrival and presented at embarkation.
For travel through February 2023, we welcome all passengers who are either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR who have recently recovered from COVID-19:
- Fully vaccinated: Passengers with an EMA/European Medicines Agency approved vaccine are required to have a 3rd shot (booster) if the second shot was more than 9 months ago. If you have at least one booster vaccination in addition to your basic immunization, you will meet our current travel requirements, regardless of the date of the booster vaccination.
- Recovered from COVID-19: Passengers who have an at least 11 day, max. 180 days old positive PCR-RT test will meet our current travel requirement.
Beginning March 1, 2023, while we recommend vaccination, we will no longer require it for cruising with the AMADEUS fleet.
The cruise line reserves the right to exclude passengers who repeatedly violate the provisions of this hygiene and health concept from further participation in the cruise.
Here are some of the measures we are taking to protect our guests on board and ashore:
- We follow local regulations regarding facial coverings and currently they are not required in most of our destinations. Your Cruise Director will provide details when masks are required. We ask that guests bring their own approved N95 (FFP2) masks.
- Our crew has implemented enhanced cleaning and disinfecting measures throughout the ship.
- Sufficient hand sanitizing points are available in all highly frequented areas of the ship
- COVID-19 antigen rapid tests are available on board at all times.
- Seating will be assigned by the restaurant manager to ensure appropriate seating arrangements.
- For all booked excursions guests will receive a wireless, personal portable commentary systems that will allow guests to hear guides while social distancing.
- Pre-boarding medical test are required for all crew members. All of our crew have also been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All our crew have participated in in-depth training on enhanced operating protocols led by our experienced corporate Fleet Health Officer in consultation with international and national health authorities.