14. November 2018
New 5-star ship from 2020 for Amadeus River Cruises
The name says it all: The AMADEUS Imperial follows the iconic model of the Silver series (built in 2013, 2015 and 2016) and celebrates the award-winning space concept of ample public areas and spacious deluxe cabins. Beyond this, the new ship also features a newly designed entrance area that combines imperial grandeur with contemporary design.
"With every new vessel we introduce, we are faced with the immense challenge of creating an effective synergy between tradition and contemporary. The AMADEUS Imperial should be a temporary home for its guests, where a welcoming ambiance emerges from the interplay between the past and present, and the ship becomes a personal refuge on the journey through our continent", explains Marcus Leskovar, Executive Vice President, Amadeus River Cruises.
The new ship offers 72 spacious deluxe cabins (17.5m2 / 188 sq.ft.) and 12 well-appointed AMADEUS suites (26.4m² / 284 sq.ft.). As with all ships built since 2011, the AMADEUS Imperial cabins on the Mozart and Strauss decks also feature lowerable panoramic windows along the entire cabin width. All deluxe cabins and suites are equipped with comfortable, spacious bathrooms, an infotainment system, a flat screen television, a telephone, a cabin safe, a minibar and individually adjustable air conditioning. The suites also have an accessible outdoor balcony with seating.
AMADEUS Imperial guests can look forward to all the comforts of a 5-star river cruise ship:
- Spacious sundeck with shaded seating area and comfortable lounge chairs.
- The special atmosphere of the AMADEUS Club at the stern of the ship – a successful combination of a stylish exclusive club with a library and a bar.
- The “River Terrace” at the bow of the ship with its proven design – a glass protected seating area which offers unparalleled views of the passing river scenery and, at the same time, provides protection against the wind and rain.
- Fully equipped modern fitness area.
- Hair salon and massage services.
- Tastefully furnished panoramic restaurant which accommodates all passengers at the same time.
- Panorama Bar which offers space for talks and events and is the venue for the evening performances by the AMADEUS musicians.
- Latest Wi-Fi system on the rivers.
- Elevator between decks.
Maiden voyage on Dutch and Belgian waterways
The AMADEUS Imperial’s maiden voyage will take place in early April along the Waterways of Holland and Belgium. For the remaining season 2020, the river cruise ship will operate between Amsterdam and Basel to the Black Sea and the world-famous Danube Delta.
back to list